Midori Travelers Notebook - First Impressions

The day before my boyfriend and I celebrated our 5th anniversary in Liverpool , I visited my Grandparents and before leaving  , my nan handed me a £20 note with strict instructions to spend it only on myself . Prior to this I'd spent the past few days admiring the original Midori travelers notebook , more recently known as a travelers factory travelers notebook. I knew I wasn't going to find such in Liverpool and I didn't. Nor did I find anything else that I really wanted to spend my money on particularly as my boyfriend had already treated me. So when I returned I asked around on Facebook to see if anyone was selling a second-hand TN . I specifically wanted one that had scratches, not only would the price better suit my budget but I wouldn't worry about those first few scratches. 



I was recommended the Etsy seller , Inukshukjapan , who is based in Japan and sometimes lists pre-loved TNs. Luckily for me there was a brown (original Midori) with plenty of character already (just the right amount that was ideal for me) . After a little bit of thinking I purchased it and a travelers factory tag/coin charm also landed in my basket too that I've had my eye on for years. 😉 





Why hadn't I purchased these two items sooner ? One of my dreams is to visit the Travelers factory store in Japan and I had this idea of visiting there and purchasing my first whilst in the physical shop but realistically I know I won't be visiting for a couple of years and life is too short. So I figure I'll just buy either an exclusive Japan TN or a camel coloured one whilst I visit (or maybe buy both ha!). 

Can you imagine how surprised I was to open up the package and see these inserts / refills he included!? 
002 insert , 021 rubber bands and a zipper wallet! I was blown away! not to mention the adorable mini origami piece that was in the package too. 


I made it truly mine by swapping the outside elastic to a red one , adding an extra inside elastic (after literally hours of fighting with the elastic bands to push through the holes) , added my new brass charm alongside a Scorpio one and a tiny bead on the bookmark string. 

I can't wait to see all the character and patina develop on my new Midori. 

VIDEO (YouTube) link to my video , featuring this new-to-me Midori and my first impressions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJkwxPTec0


Comments

Popular Posts