Apple Pig Leather Art (Red Velvet) Travelers Notebook Review

So , if you are subscribed to my YouTube channel (CurlyHairAndDaisies) you'll know that a couple of months ago I purchased an Apple Pig Leather travelers notebook . For once , I actually had some money to spend so I treated myself. I'd heard a little about this TN maker , mostly through YouTube and I knew I wanted a red TN as it's my favourite colour. After a little research I spotted that Apple Pig had just brought out a new red colour and I fell in LOVE! I knew that was the one for me. 

I've already done a video unboxing of this product which you can see on my YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFKLRmaK1U&t=259s 

but considering that people are asking me since filming the unboxing about my more recent thoughts on the overall quality of this leather , I thought I'd write a blog post too.



To give a little background , in my mind prior to purchasing this TN , Chic Sparrow was the best of the best in terms of quality and particularly the creme leather line. Their chocolate creme leather will always be a top favourite of mine. So when I opened my Apple Pig I NEVER would of thought I'd potentially like it even more than my Sparrows! 



Here are my main thoughts about my red velvet TN.

  • The apple pig , red velvet leather , is one of the best smelling TN's that I own (I never thought anything could smell better than the chocolate creme but this does!) 
  • It has the most perfect amount of texture! (I asked Ting for lots of different texture and I think I got just the right amount)
  • The stitching is incredibly well done and precise! (the colour I chose was white)
  • The elastics that have been used on the TN (and the extra elastic) are incredibly soft and stretchy so there is no worry that they will dig into my inserts or around the middle of the leather leaving marks. 
  • It's the right amount of sturdy and pliable. It's definitely NOT a floppier leather.
  • The thickness is great too , it isn't super thick that it's difficult to carry around but its thick enough that it feels top quality and long lasting.
  • The leather used for the pockets is SO thin in the best way! that from the side of the TN you wouldn't even notice the pockets. 
  • the burnished edges are flawless , I didn't realise how much of a difference really well burnished edges would make to the look of the TN but also the feel. The edges are buttery smooth and makes the TN look so luxurious and expensive. (which it was!) 

To summarise , Ting , the owner of Apple pig was great to order from , his customer service was great , the way he packaged the TN was wonderful (freebie matching leather coaster and elastics etc) I'm a sucker for a well packaged product. The quality of the TN is the very best I've owned , it looks and feels incredibly luxurious and long lasting and the colour is a beautiful deep red. I HIGHLY recommend ordering a travelers notebook from this Etsy store. 



(all thoughts are my own , I was NOT sponsored or gifted , I purchased it myself) 

Comments

Popular Posts