A Pre-Anniversary Day Out

On the 18th of March , my boyfriend Ryan and I visited one of my favourite cities , Chester! with the purpose of a nice day out together and to pick out an anniversary present for me as our 5th anniversary is quickly approaching. I wanted a gift that would last a long time , that wasn't disposable , something to celebrate half a decade together (half a decade!!) 
I decided I wanted a plain gold ring , a simple band to stack with other rings , I'm a HUGE jewellery person , I love rings , necklaces , anything pretty and sparkly , you name it. I love receiving jewellery on special occasions but mostly I tend to buy my own jewellery. 

Although buying the anniversary present was the main objective of the day we had a really lovely day out , it chucked it down with rain the entire time but it honestly didn't faze us because we were enjoying ourselves so much which was a rather lovely feeling. 

Before going around all the secondhand & antique jewellery shops (it was my choice that it be secondhand for various reasons) we ate lunch at Music Hall Tap , I can't write this blog post without mentioning this quirky restaurant because the food is yummy , the atmosphere is really relaxing and the staff are lovely and the food is so reasonably priced! for 2 meals off the lunch menu it only came to £11 , bargain! and I do love a bargain. 

After we finished off our lunch with a brownie pudding ,  we started looking through windows of the antique jewellery shops , due to my chubby hands  which is actually caused by one of my chronic illnesses (and also because I'm chunky & funky) it proved to be tricky to get exactly what I wanted , I was after something quite specific and it needed to fit my fingers .

After trying about 4 shops , we thought we'd look in the window of S.S Miltons , which I initially dismissed because the front window mostly consists of HUGE diamond and gemstone rings which obviously cost a fortune however I spotted one of the side windows which had what I was looking for , simple plain gold bands. Ryan encouraged that we stepped inside to try them on and ta daaa we found one that fit , it was the 2nd or 3rd that I tried on and it was being held on pad number 25 which was funny as 25 is my favourite number. It wasn't exactly what I wanted initially and due to my indecisiveness , I left the shop after trying it on and said I'd think about it , returned in about 30 minutes and Ryan purchased the ring for me. 


Although it wasn't what I first had in mind , we both agreed that it was lovely and it would do it's job and the fit was perfect and to our amazement the price was significantly cheaper than what the other shops had to offer for almost identical rings (just in smaller sizes ha). I love what we choose in the end! 

Our day out was a wonderful success and now my body needs a couple of days to recover because #ChronicIllLife hah!


I can't wait for our anniversary so I can start wearing my new-to-me ring. I may even get it engraved. 

Comments

Popular Posts